Thursday, December 10, 2009

Best place for dinner & a show in seattle or PNW area...?

We're planning a holiday get together for my office. We usually just do a nice dinner, however we've decided this year that we want to do something different. Like a dinner / movie, theatre, comedy, cabaret, etc. Or maybe a tour of a distilery or winery with a dinner. Just something fun and/or different. It would be for a group of 8 adults (in mid-late 20s) and we wants to spend around or under $100/person. anyone have any suggestions?



Best place for dinner %26amp; a show in seattle or PNW area...?ballet



If you're all live music and wine fans, I highly suggest Dimitriou's Jazz Alley. It's a very intimate setting where you can see some musical greats perform. (I love sitting right at the base of the stage when my favorite musicians come to town!) It has a classy jazz lounge atmosphere with dinner tables surrounding the stage (you can see the musicians from any angle). Definitely plan on eating dinner there! (I'm not a salmon fan by any extent of the imagination, but I tried a bite of my fianc茅's Grilled Alaskan Salmon the last time we were there and it was the most delicious fish I've ever tasted. It just melted in my mouth and was so tender.) They have a delicious seasonal menu with prices that range from $18 to $39 ( http://www.jazzalley.com/dining.asp ).



If you are going, especially with eight people, I highly recommend making reservations to get the best seats. It's important to note that you can only make reservations if you intend on coming early and dining. (I suggest arriving at least an hour to an hour and a half before the show starts so you can have a relaxing dinner and follow it up with dessert during the second half of the show. Their raspberry cheesecake is to die for!) You don't need to buy tickets prior to the show if you're eating dinner. They'll just add the ticket cost to your dinner bill. (Tickets are usually around $25 each.)



If you do not plan on eating dinner and just going for the show, you can buy tickets through their website (see link below).



Your two musical options before Christmas is the musical Ain't Misbehavin' ( http://www.jazzalley.com/artist.asp?name... ) and blues guitarist Joe Bonamassa ( http://www.jazzalley.com/artist.asp?name... ). I suggest Ain't Misbehavin'!



Wherever you go, I hope you have fun!



Best place for dinner %26amp; a show in seattle or PNW area...?globe theater opera theater



Teatro ZinZanni is perfect for you. It's a great show and you will love the food. It's very interactive with the crowd so be sure to place someone fun at the end of the table close to the entertainment. They will pick on them all night. Check out the site below and please vote for me as Best Answer. I need points as I'm competing with friends for a prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish