Saturday, December 5, 2009

What Did Your Parents Tell About Why Pee Herman Got Canceled?

I was a huge pee wee herman fan when I was little and i remember being quite upset when I heard pee wee wasn't on anymore. I remember never getting a straight answer from all of the adults I knew.



My parents just said was that "Pee Wee did something bad." and wouldn't elaborate. My uncle said "he ran around a movie theatre naked." My aunt said "pee wee was hurt real bad in the hospital." man can you believe those ridiculous things I was told.



I never found out till years later why pee we got canceled and i laughed my butt off when I knew the truth.



What were you told when you were younger about why pee wee wasn't on tv anymore?



What Did Your Parents Tell About Why Pee Herman Got Canceled?opera cd



I was the parent. My son was probably about eight. I told him that Pee Wee was performing a sex act, in private, in an adult theater, (he already knew what an adult theater was.) and he was arrested because of hypocrisy, prejudice, and inexplicable public attitudes which allowed the police to act inappropriately and that, because of the scandal, his employers refused to stand by him and defend him.



Later, when we saw his appearances on Murphy Brown, we were glad and applauded the people involved with that show for their courage and commitment to justice.



What Did Your Parents Tell About Why Pee Herman Got Canceled?opera singer opera theater



my friends told me what he did and then my dad told me what it ment.
Well I didn't watch it because by time I was born it was cancelled already...



I heard he was making a comeback in 2008 with a new kids show...I wonder will the parents allow the kids to watch it? lol...Just thinking of what he did omg I wouldn't!
I was a huge fan too. but one day my dad told me he was nasty, and i couldn't watch him anymore. i didn't know it was got canceled till i was much older. i do remember being real pissed @ my dad for not letting me watch it. I thought he had it taken off my t.v cause i couldn't find it on when he wasn't home.
I am old enough to remember thinking why on earth would they give him a kids show. You see his original Pee Wee Herman act was for adults. Tapes were sold in the back of various counter culture magazines
my just told me straight out! weird i know

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish