Saturday, December 5, 2009

Seniors ~ Have You Ever Told Someone to be Quiet?

for example in a movie theatre?



Seniors ~ Have You Ever Told Someone to be Quiet?concert venue



In the old days you could do it. But now I think twice because people are not so nice and respectful anymore. I only told some children at church to be quiet by putting my fingers to my lips to indicate so. You take your life into your hands if done at the movie theater.



P.S. Ignore the people that don't understand how we work on this site. Ask away!



Seniors ~ Have You Ever Told Someone to be Quiet?events opera theater



How many Senior question are you going to ask. ~said in a nice way~
yes, my husband at the time. Yammer was his middle name.
Yes, in one extreme case. It was in a movie theatre. This is why I rent movies now, and watch them in the comfort and quiet of my own home. (Also, I can sit and watch in my PJs! Can't do that at the theatre!) LOL!
Yes, I have been in certain situations where I have politely asked someone to please be quiet. That includes being in a movie theater as well.



*mihkwaw.....This is the Senior section. Please don't be rude to people here. The asker has the right to ask as many questions as he so desires. If this bothers you, you should find other groups to visit.
I haven't in public but I say it at home a lot and not always in a nice way. Wickwire ,I believe you are a true gentleman and we are always happy to hear from you on the seniors section.
Hi Wickwire: When my kids



were small, I had a cassette



recorder and I played my own



home-made tape. It said,



"I'M TELLING YOU KIDS TO SHUT UP...AND I MEAN NOW!"



Then there was a 3 minute silence and it repeated again.



I had it set loud. Over and over and over. (Maybe that's



why they are hard of hearing.)
Daily - I work in a library.
YES! We went to see "Saving Private Ryan" and some imbecile was yacking away during the opening "Omaha Beach" scene.



Not only did I tell him to STFU but so did several people around me.
Yes. In the movies. And tonight my flatmate. We had a fight.



And my children. Wow. I don't know how many times in a day sometimes. But I am a little laid back about telling people to be quiet. sometimes, too laid back.
Yes, if you include asking a couple of teens to turn their very loud music down, while we were on a train.
In the movies....but usually with a sour look! Today's world is a bit scary.



And with my grandsons who get a bit loud when they are super excited! :-)
Sure. If it doesn't work, I go find someone working at the theater and insist he/she do something about it.



Also have never permitted screaming by children while at play....not even my own. If the parent won't say anything, I will. Too bad if they don't like it.



I once told a bratty, screaming 9 year old that if he didn't shut up, I'd call the cops on him.....he smart mouthed me back so I walked to the pay phone on the corner and pretended to put a coin in and dial......the little sh** took off at a dead run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish